Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore Pre-Reading Post

Write a blog post that explains what books can do for a person, especially related to yourself.

Books are an immortal light to an author's vision. Books have lessons and meanings behind them. For many books can take you on a journey to the past or the future. Books have always been a way to get lost in in someone else's imagination. When I read books my favorite thing is to seek out the message behind different events.

In books I've always learned values and morals through characters. Character development is something that shows me how someone changes and that change is alright. Reading books have always brought me comfort especially when I can relate to the main character and their inner conflicts. One of my favorite things about reading is that you can choose any date or time that want it to be. I've always loved the nostalgia of the past even though the past was anything but perfect. For people, being able to live in a time where they don't exist is something that gives them the chance to. I personally love stories written about the twentieth century because people like to say they were "simpler times." While I loved the aesthetic, movie, fashion, and music from that time it wasn't easy or simple for anyone. Books show the problems of these times, the racism, sexism, and homophobia. Reading can also introduce new aspects of creativity. Before I got into middle school I didn't read that often and my creativity was at zero. But since the seventh grade I've found reading to be intriguing and it has made my imagination and creativity brighter.

I think everyone can say that they have a book that is immortal and can never get old no matter how many times you read it. In books you can always have a different outlook than someone else. Books are almost like the gateway to emotions. When you read a book and then there's something to the words that make them more than words but it makes them art. When you can then take that art and apply it to your life you know that you've experienced the depth of a book.

 "If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all."
~Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

  1. I love your new connection with books. It is true that reading other people's creative thoughts can help encourage our own. Grade: 25/25

    ReplyDelete