Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Sister's Keeper Pre-Reading Post


Write a blog post that defines the word "fair." Use examples as well as non-examples to help your explanation.

When something is fair it's usually means something are just and honest. it goes neither your ideal way but at the same time it doesn't go in favor of the way you don't want it to go. It's like a median. When something is fair you are usually okay with. Fairness can also be the equality of rules, laws, culture, and different views on different topics. You could see fairness in the way that people or things are treated or in different doctrine and belifs. People have different ideas of what fair is which can sometimes cause nasty disagreements and even physical altercations.

In my eyes fairness is more commonly seen as equality or balances. I feel that when something is fair you don't get exactly what you want. For example doing drugs is illegal but that's not how everyone feels it that it should be. With this law however comes many things that would be more pro good it keeps you healthy and it keeps streets safer. So in my eyes I see this fair it keeps things balanced and is equally makes the streets safer from the promotions of drugs and even gangs. Still what I see as fair someone could see as unfair. While I agree that drugs are prohibited by law someone else in the the world sees me as wrong or unfair.

I do however see things as what they are and how sometimes things are are just simply unfair. Something I know that is unfair is bullying. It is in no ones view of a good day to be bullied. When someone tries to posses the power of how you make you feel about yourself and take control of your emotions. I feel that sometimes we don't even notice bullying can be to everybody even people high up in notoriety. People who make movies and music are human too and also have feelings but we never really notice or take into consideration that they're human as well. I think almost everyone can agree bullying is unfair on many different levels. Bullying is unfair, prejudice, and not right.

" Great is Liberty! great is Equality! I am their follower;"–Walt Whitman. "Great are the Myths."

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that bullying is completely unfair. What about the consequences for bullies? Are the current punishments at KMS fair? When we are looking at whether something is fair, will it always mean people will have equal punishments? Think about questions like this. Also, your 2nd paragraph needs a little more explanation to make it clear how it connects with your post. Grade: 21/25

    ReplyDelete