Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Sister's Keeper Post Reading Post

"Sometimes to get what you want the most, you have to do what you want the least."

This quote means that you may not always want to do something but sometimes the destination makes the journey worth it. I have commonly heard people say that you never know unless you try and even though you may not want to do something it will most likely get you to were you want to go.

In the novel My Sister's Keeper Anna must file a lawsuit against her parents to finally be free of the medical slavery she was born into. The last thing she would want is to see her sister die and her to partially be to blame. She also doesn't want to file a lawsuit against her parents, what thirteen year old does? Anna had to make a big sacrifice and do something brave to try to get what her and Kate both want. You could also apply this quote to Sara and Brian. They were the parents of a child with cancer and they did everything they could to keep Kate alive. They didn't want to see Anna hurt from so many blood drawings and transfusions but it was something they had to do to help their child. In their positions it was easy to know that Anna wasn't the happiest with getting stuck with a needle everytime Kate needed it but they thought they were doing the right thing for their family.

In my life this quote discribes how I try to do things that are out of my comfort zone. Sometimes the risks that you don't want to take in life get you amazing outcomes. For me writing is one of those things I try to takes risks in. I've learned that risks are scary you never know what could happen however some of the best outcomes come from them. For example some of the best papers and stories I have written were out of the box "risks". I feel that you never know something unless you attempt it. This quote to me means that even though something may be tough, scary, or rough and you feel like backing out or you just not sure, remember to get what you want sometimes you have to play hard ball and take risks. You never know what's possible!

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."

—Thomas Jefferson

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You text and personal examples are wonderful, and your writing has style. Grade: 50/50

    ReplyDelete