Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Think of a time when someone close to you lied to you.  Write a blog post that describes what happened; what did they lie about, why did they lie, how did it make you feel, how did the action effect your relationship with that person.

In life I have learned that people can sometimes make promises that they don’t intend to keep. The question that I have been asking is why lie when telling the truth is the easier and the more honorable thing to do? Being lied to has to be one of the most gut-wrenching feelings. When a person you gave your trust to betray you there is almost no way to describe the feeling other than hurt and disappointed. This a story from a personal experience.

I have always been I a bit of a naive and shy person and sometimes people like that are the easiest to take advantage of. I once knew a girl. The girl an old friend from the past. She was a person who could be described as “cool” among society and peers. It was a time where I felt that we had the most unbreakable friendship. When we hung out I felt almost like I fit in with people like her loud, unapologetic, and popular. I soon learned that she had silently un-friend-ed me, she had went weeks silently drifting from me. I would ask if we were still friends and she’d answer with yes and a small smile. In the end she just dusted me off like dirt on shoulder and went on about our life. I later found the reason she never told me face to face is because she didn't want to hurt my feelings. At the time I felt that she was the coldest person I had ever met. I felt small and self-conscious always wondering if other people would like me. It isn't until today that I now understand that the nameless girl wasn't a liar but I was. Somewhere inside myself I knew exactly what she was doing but I pushed those feelings away because I was scared of being lonely, the funny thing is while doing this I was already alone.

In the end she taught me something if someone doesn't appreciate my unique yet quirky-awkwardness that’s okay because someone someday will. One of those people happened to be me. I haven’t talked to that girl ever since the end of seventh grade year. If I could I’d thank her for teaching me some valuable lessons. She taught me that friends are people who inspire, encourage you, and make you happy. You can make your own happiness. most importantly self-worth comes from within.

“My ultimate goal is to end up being happy. Most of the time.”
-Taylor Swift


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that your "friend" treated you this way, but am glad that you learned early to associate with people who like you for you. You are such an amazing young lady and deserve only real friends! Grade: 25/25

    ReplyDelete